Saturday, April 9, 2011

chocolate break

Creative Block? Get out and have some chocolate.

My favorite place to eat is within walking distance of my house. Communal.
I would highly recommend just stopping in for dessert when you need a break from solving the world’s problems. I recently had a luscious bread pudding made with Amano Chocolate. It was served with milk and a side of caramelized bananas. This proved to be a great mid-day treat that had me cranking out tons of work afterwards. There’s no guarantee that this dessert will be on their ever changing menu when you visit. However,  I can guarantee what ever they offer will be worth trying.
If you feel guilty eating chocolate, think again. Dark chocolate has powerful antioxidant properties which are associated with less cognitive decline as you age. Just don’t go overboard with the portion that you eat.
Don’t go too crazy with the junk food. Sure, Coke and potatoe chips are tasty, but they don’t have the minerals your brain needs to work at top preformance. Whenever I tip the junk food scale I get a creative block. I think this is the bodies way of telling us it needs nutrients. Instead of popping the Pringles, try healty snacks like fresh vegtables and fruits. 

Communal now serves breakfast Tuesday thru Friday 8:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. 

For those of you who want to have breakfast later, they serve it til  2:00 p.m.Saturdays. Let me know if any one wants to have breakfast next Saturaday. I need more biscuits and gravy in my life and they give you enough to share.

1 comment:

  1. I've been wondering about trying this place. Good to know it's good.

    ReplyDelete