Thursday, July 5, 2012

Family Meal Plan Printable

Eating together as a family makes us smarter and happier.

"Sitting down to a meal together draws a line around us," says Miriam Weinstein, author of The Surprising Power of Family Meals. "It encloses us and, for a brief time, strengthens the bonds that connect us with other members of our self-defined clan, shutting out the rest of the world."

• 19% of teens who have fewer than three family dinners per week report that there is a great deal of tension or stress between family members, compared to 7% of teens who have at least five family dinners per week.

• More mealtime at home was the single strongest factor in better achievement scores and fewer behavioral problems in children all ages. More meals at home also resulted in less obesity.

For more facts about the great things that happen when we make time to eat together check out,

I know this is important so I decided to make a Weekly Family Meal Plan Chart printable. I am going to try this format for a week and see how it goes.




Let me know what you think. You can right click on the image above and save it, then print!

16 comments:

  1. Who: Robbie, Where: Kitchen When: Midnight What:......cereal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I like this!! Am printing it out and will let you know how it works.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ya'll. We used it last week and it was really helpful. We used it just for dinners, but we got to talk and see each other more often. My niece who lives with us was in charge of dinner on Sunday. We invited her Utah grandparents and because we had a plan we had everything we needed and it turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this!! Thank you for your hard work! So sorry, my eyes are old. I don't see a link to be able to print this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is the download for this template still available? I'd love to use it and am only getting the image

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes it is, Cheryl thanks for stopping by. Just click the image and hit save as to your desktop.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this idea!! So many templates that I find to streamline a busy life don't seem.ti have been tested by people living their actual lives. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Erin! Hope it works for you too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there, I've saved this to my desktop and attempted to print it but when I enlarge it to fit on the page, it is very blurry. Can someone email me a PDF version of it? I can't read it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I also cannot read it. PDF would be awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. If you click it once, and then right click it you will be able to download it that way. I will work on updating a new file soon. The PDF is a great suggestion. Thank you Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for the planner. My family is taking a trip with another family this summer and we will be sharing some of the meal prep with them. I have never seen a planner like this, it is great! One suggestion is to make some of the fields editable mainly the days of the week. I used white out and will start my planner on Monday (the first day of the vacation).

    ReplyDelete
  13. thanks for the tips and information..i really appreciate it.. free printable wall art

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well, this is brilliant! Thank you :) We're slowly teaching our sons to cook and since my older son just started HS I was thinking about putting him in charge of dinner now and then. This is a perfect template for that! Now I'm off to look at the rest of your site - thanks again!

    ReplyDelete