Friday, September 28, 2012

Vintage Sign Restoration Project

Last week I discovered a lovely shabby chic home interior store in Provo, Utah called Brambles. I have no idea how I've  never made it in before but I'm glad my mother-in-law encouraged encouraged me to drop in. (Thanks Chyrl.)
While I was in there I noticed a great vintage real estate sign that Lisa, the owner of the shop recently picked up. She asked to me to restore it and I had a great time doing it.

The sign had been used a few times over. The last person in possession of the sign blacked out the letters with black ink.

Here is the before and after.



The bottom photo shows a close up of the drippy black ink that covered the letters before I restored it.

The top photo shows how it looked when I finished it.

What do you think?


If you are a local to Provo head over to Brambles, you'll be happy you did.
 I am working on some other 
fun projects that will be for sale there very soon. 





No comments:

Post a Comment