Friday, March 25, 2011

The World Needs More Dreamers: 10 Ways to Generate New Ideas

A series of blog entries will catch you up on what I've been up to lately.
As the title says, 10 ways to generate new ideas is where I am headed. Maybe it will will grow in to 15 or 20, who knows.

Today we start with number uno.

1. Travel 
Travel is a great way to let your brain unwind and let go. New scenery, sights, and smells will make way for new connections and new ideas. My trip to Austin was full of inspiration. 



We were rushing to a venue to see Eyes Lips Eyes play and I almost literally ran in to a real life example of yarn bombing. I was so excited. To me seeing a little rebellious knitting around a light pole gave me hope. It meant there are people out there who care. They care enough to add a little touch of surprise to an ordinary day for a stranger. A stranger like me. If you look closer you'll see someone added some paper butterflies to it as well. 

Don't think you have to travel half way around the world to get inspiration. You can try going to a nearby town. Or think about what it would be like if you've never been to your own town and try to see it with a fresh pair of eyes. Even better get out there and leave a harmless example of inspiration of your own for someone else. What has inspired you lately? Please share.



3 comments:

  1. You don't have to travel far. I like to go into new places in my own town; it makes me feel adventurous, and it gets Lucy and me out of the house. One of these days, I will tour all the pawn shops in Provo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know when you want to hit the pawn shops. I know where most of them are and I'd like to find a used drill. Pawn shops are always an adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like this little series. good ideas!

    ReplyDelete