Thursday, October 20, 2011

Digital Scrap Page for Family History

We already know scrapbookers keep a family history by sharing memories. Most people are telling stories about their immediate family.

Lately I have been doing genealogy research and have been wanting to start designing creative pages with the pictures and data I have found to better tell my ancestor's story.

The Daily Digi tweeted a great link yesterday that I found inspiring, it led me to listen to a panel discussion featuring, Jessica Sprague, Ana Cabrera, Nancy Nally and Noell Hyman at Paper Clipping. It's pretty great so give it a listen. It inspired me to start creatively digi scrappin my family history. It's something I have been meaning to get to for a while. The paper and elements I used I designed my self and plan to release a full kit in November called Mustard Sky.

So here is my first page.



Meet Walter James Dockrill my Great Great Grandpa born around 1868. This photo was taken in the 40s. He was an upholsterer and cabinet maker with his father. A family upholstery shop existed for a many generations in his birthplace of Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada.

Very simple layout, just his picture and name. The next few pages I will tell more about his upholstery shop and family. I can't wait to print this at Persnickety Prints today.

What do you think?

2 comments: